top navigation

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Inside the Jenna Collection – Interview with Jenna Ushkowitz

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Boston Store, Wall Flower Vintage™ and Jenna Ushkowitz recently partnered to host a Runway Fashion Show to unveil Jenna’s new collection of Wall Flower Vintage™ Junior Denim and sportswear!

Before the show, we chatted with Jenna to go inside the collection and hear all about her favorites!

Tell us about your new line.  How did it come about?
Wall Flower approached me about being the new face of their line. I loved the idea and it ended up being such a great relationship that I became more involved and we decided that I would be able to collaborate on my own collection as well.


What does it mean to you to be the new “Wall Flower girl”?
It's awesome and I'm honored to be a part of the Wall Flower family. They are so great from their new designs and great ideas. I’m thrilled to have this opportunity.

How “hands on” were you with designing the collection? Where did you get inspiration?
It was definitely collaboration, and that's where the inspiration came from. It was that some pieces they designed with my "flair" to it and some I picked based off of the new trends they were coming up with.

If you had to describe your collection with three words – what would they be?
Versatile, new, comfortable.

Do you have a favorite look or piece in your collection?
The sparkle tie dye skinny pant and the blue sequin jacket are definitely among my faves.

What is your favorite trend for the fall season?
Pops of color

Tell us! What is the one piece of clothing you can’t live without?
A good pair of jeans and a good leather jacket.


How has your personal style changed over the years?
It's definitely matured. I won't wear anything I'm not comfortable in. I know my body I know what looks good and works. Lots of people try and tell me that something will  look great on me at a photo shoot or for an event and I just know.

Some of our favorite denim trends for fall are COLOR, printed, skinny and blinged out.  What’s your favorite?
Color.

CONFESS: How many pairs of jeans do you own?
Too many to count.

Do you have a favorite back-to-school memory?
Always going back-to-school shopping. I would get a bunch of clothes and always a new backpack and a pair of new sneakers

We’ve recently partnered with STOMP Out Bullying™ for our Back to School campaign.  Whether it’s on the hit show GLEE or part of your real life, what would your advice to kids be when it comes to bullying?
To be aware that bullying is everywhere; it comes in all different forms and if you are being bullied or know someone who is, you are not alone. There are so many ways to resolve it so don't be afraid to ask for help.

Shop the Jenna Ushowitz Collection online today for the hottest back-to-school styles!

No comments:

Post a Comment